|Graduate Student Database (GSdB) is a database-driven website that contains information about graduate students in the Department of Biology. GSdB offers a single entry point for viewing and maintaining records of incoming, current and alumni students in the Department.|
THINGS TO DO
- Many of the database tables are missing and/or incomplete. (Jan 2018)
- Scripts need major overhauls. (Jan 2018)
- Red Folders2 is not fully integrated. URL links in interview setup script are broken. (May 2014)
- User record tables and data of current students are mostly empty. (May 2014)
- Alumni information from 2009-10 academic year need to be entered. (May 2014)
VERSION HISTORY, CHANGES AND UPDATES
|VERSION 0.6.3 [Jan 21, 2018]
- The short entry form to add new student record in database now works fine.
- Some fixes were made in scripts that handle student records in database table and data folders. Links to view and edit records in the main web table are now working. However, there are still many bugs and fixing them will require significant time and efforts.
- Feedback survey requests can be sent more than once.
- Fixed a bug that was affecting display of Achievement Award applications in a HTML table format.
|VERSION 0.6.2 [Jan 9, 2018]
- Added more clarity on entering Student IDs in Achievement Award applications.
- Reduced file upload size limit in Achievement Award applications.
|VERSION 0.6.1 [Jan 8, 2018]
- Fixed a bug related to handling of variables in Achievement Award application category.
|VERSION 0.6 [March 2015, Jan 2018]|
- This version contains major changes in scripts and organization of contents, although changes are only partially implemented.
- Student records are stored in files as well as in a SQL database.
- Added a file manager to view/upload student reports.
- Setup a feedback system to track and resolve issues.
|VERSION 0.5.1 [July 3, 2014]|
- Minor improvements and fixes in Biology Achievement Awards online application scripts.
|VERSION 0.5 [June 6, 2014]|
- Created a new module for online submission of Biology Achievement Awards applications.
- Updated dropdown search options.
- Red Folders2 has been partially integrated.
- Student records are organized into categories. For this different database tables have been created. However, more work is required to finalize tables and fill records. The front end html forms will also need to be created.
- A new manager-level user category allows a program manager/assistant to manage records.
|VERSION 0.4 [Ocotber 6, 2013]|
- Long html data entry form is no longer available.
- Quick Entry option is more secure now.
- Separate record categories have been created to facilitate data handling.
- New database tables are created.
- Student feedback feature introduced.
|VERSION 0.3.1 [September 25, 2012]|
- Minor changes and bug fixes.
- Secure web connection is implemented.
|VERSION 0.3 [August 11, 2012]|
- Web interface has been modified.
- Red Folders output is organized.
- Front page intro and other minor changes.
|VERSION 0.2 [July 6, 2012]|
- Image upload option is introduced.
- New fields are created.
- Scripts have been improved extensively.
|VERSION 0.1.1 [June 23, 2012]|
- Alumni records have been integrated. Red Folders2 applications can be viewed from inside GSdB, although more work will be required to fully integrate Red Folders2 into GSdB.
|VERSION 0.1 [April 27, 2012]|
- Initial database created with options to view/edit current student records.